Properly cleaning your makeup brushes will save you time, money and even your face! You will save time because clean makeup brushes make application easier, so that loose powder goes where you want it instead of clinging to an oily brush. You won’t have to reapply makeup as often because your makeup will be fresh—not contaminated with skin oils and old, oxidized colors. You’ll save money by cleaning your makeup brushes because they will last longer, so you won’t have to buy new ones. And you can save your face—from breakouts associated with bacterial and oil build up on grimy old brushes.
Follow these easy steps:
1. Run the bristles under warm water.
2. Apply a small amount of sulfate free shampoo. The hair on the brushes are very fragile. If you use harsh soaps the bristles will dry out and break off.
3. Massage the bristles and soap in the palm of your hand gently. Keep the bristles against your hand and avoid turning the bristles toward the ceiling. This will cause water to go into the base of your brush and loosen the glue.
4. Rinse thoroughly until the water runs clear from your brush.
5. Set on the counter to dry on a towel over night.
Do you have any make-up or skin care questions. Just ask me, Make-Up Artist Christine Ross.
Check out http://www.christinerossmakeupartist.com