1. Use sunscreen everyday. Reapply at least twice to stay protected. The sun is the biggest offender to our skin. It causes serious premature aging. So uneven skin tone, wrinkles, dark spots, redness, sunburn. Make sure to check your label because there are only a few good sunscreens on the market. I have more articles on sunscreen formulation you can check out.
2. Use a skincare line that is vegan, botanically based, free of harmful chemicals, and works with your skin type. We all have some skin sensitivity. The only way we can deal with that is using a vegan formulated line. Something that is proven by science to work and do amazing things for our skin. That would be Arbonne.
3. Make sure you are using coverage appropriate foundation. Keeping it on the lighter side is your best bet. Let your skin shine through and cover the imperfections.
4. Drink a lot of water. Watch for the ingredients on the water bottle. Some contain serious chemicals. Drinking Spring water keeps skin hydrated and looking fresh.
5. Smile. As long as you are smiling and showing your confidence you will look amazing every day!
My name is Christine Ross, and I am a Makeup Artist in Los Angeles. I am all about keeping it real with makeup and skincare by providing the best products for my clients. I take the time to research ingredients and make sure my clients get the best based on their needs. The beauty industry is over saturated with false promises and too many chemicals. I sort through it all and get my clients on the right track. No more money wasted on high priced brands that don’t follow through. I am here to help you be the best version of yourself inside and out.
Claims: Self Tanner that is hydrating and natural looking.
Review: This self tanner is similar to most self tanners. It turns your skin a darker color with the ingredient, dihydroxyacetone. Most self tanners use this ingredient. This product isn’t as hydrating as I thought it would be. I have dry skin and I wished I had put on a moisturizer under the self tanner. This product didn’t irritate my skin at all. I recommend for Normal to oily skin types.
Everyone always asks me, What is the best anti aging cream? How do I prevent lines? How do I get rid of lines? Choosing the right formulas for your skin type and using products that are formulated well will help a lot. For those of you who say that nothing really works, think again! There is nothing more annoying that a customer asking me to recommend a product and then replying this stuff doesn’t really work. The beauty biz wouldn’t be one the fastest growing industrys if the products simply didn’t work. Here are my must haves to post pone those lines:
1. A well formulated sunscreen.
This product is your everything cream. Your most important cream. Find something with Titanium Dioxide or Zinc Oxide. Without these ingredients your sunscreen is garbage. The best one I have found in Clinique City Block SPF 25
No matter your skin type your skin need nutrients, hydration, and repairing ingredients. Please use a day and night cream. Night creams are more hydrating because your skin is losing a lot of water while you are getting some zzz-s. Try out Estee Lauder Time Zone Day and Night
3. Repair serum.
Find something that is water binding. I like my serum to have anti-aging benefits they attract water to the skin and exfoliate.
The serum that tops my list is Clinique Turnaround Serum
Whether you prefer a scrub or AHA, BHA, or serum to do this it is a must. There is nothing more unattractive than skin that has a thick layer of dead skin cells on top of it. In order for products 1-3 to work you must get the dead skin off so they penetrate your skin.