1. Use sunscreen everyday. Reapply at least twice to stay protected. The sun is the biggest offender to our skin. It causes serious premature aging. So uneven skin tone, wrinkles, dark spots, redness, sunburn. Make sure to check your label because there are only a few good sunscreens on the market. I have more articles on sunscreen formulation you can check out.
2. Use a skincare line that is vegan, botanically based, free of harmful chemicals, and works with your skin type. We all have some skin sensitivity. The only way we can deal with that is using a vegan formulated line. Something that is proven by science to work and do amazing things for our skin. That would be Arbonne.
3. Make sure you are using coverage appropriate foundation. Keeping it on the lighter side is your best bet. Let your skin shine through and cover the imperfections.
4. Drink a lot of water. Watch for the ingredients on the water bottle. Some contain serious chemicals. Drinking Spring water keeps skin hydrated and looking fresh.
5. Smile. As long as you are smiling and showing your confidence you will look amazing every day!
My name is Christine Ross, and I am a Makeup Artist in Los Angeles. I am all about keeping it real with makeup and skincare by providing the best products for my clients. I take the time to research ingredients and make sure my clients get the best based on their needs. The beauty industry is over saturated with false promises and too many chemicals. I sort through it all and get my clients on the right track. No more money wasted on high priced brands that don’t follow through. I am here to help you be the best version of yourself inside and out.
So if you don’t have it in your budget to hire a makeup artist or hairstylist for your wedding and you never got around to choosing your style, do not fear. I have some great tips to help you look your best in a few easy steps.
Color in a pot. You need a pop of color because in photos 70% of your makeup will disappear. You need to up the blush and lips and they eyes to stand out. So something that can be worn on cheeks, lips, and eyes is a big help.
Hair Gloss is great because your mane should look healthy and shiny. Apply a small amount and your hair will look fabulous.
Suffering from humidity? There are humidity helpers out there. Apply the serum and it locks in the moisture while not letting any more in.
Foundation is a MUST. A smooth and even complexion is a must. You will be so happy when you see your photos. It can be very helpful with dark circles or any sudden overnight blemishes. Make sure you are correctly matched by a profession to ensure you have the correct color.
Dry Shampoo is on the list because it helps to have volume when creating any hairstyle. It helps it to stay in place and to give some volume.
Do you find yourself wondering why you spent $30 for your lipstick and your girlfriend spent $4 and her color looks so amazing. Are you going back and forth deciding to get that laser treatment or just try another cream to fix those dark spots? I have some tips to help you decide what’s worth the spurge and where to cut corners.
High End Foundation and Concealers.
The more expensive formulas your can afford are worth it. The products have more refined pigments, they go on the skin much smoother and look like you have nothing on. The higher end formulations are better for sensitive skin types. Unless there is fragrance in the formula. So not all expensive formulations are created equal, but that is a whole other article. The concealers also blend more easily and when applied correctly won’t smudge or fade.
Where To Cut Corners:
Blushes and Eyeshadows.
Trendy colors go in and out of style so fast you will use these shades a few times before it’s time to buy the next trends.
Don’t Every Buy This:
Cosmetics infused with antiaging products and sunscreen is a waste of your time. You should never replace your quality skincare and sunscreen with makeup that claims to have these ingredients. The makeup does not absorb into your skin like a serum and moisturizer. Your sunscreen is much more effective than a foundation or powder with sunscreen. Do you know how thick you would have to apply your makeup to get the proper coverage. Enough to make you look like you have on way too much makeup.
Remember, good skincare gives you a great complexion so that you can wear less make up.
What’s the best way to keep my makeup from melting in the heat? — Cathy A: One key to keeping a sweaty face from ruining your makeup is to prime with a mattifier that is specifically formulated to control oil production … Continue reading →